The ST range supports three video modes:
- Low has a resolution of 320x200 with 16 colours @ 15kHZ
- Medium has a resolution of 640x200 with 4 colours @ 15kHz
- High has a resolution of 640x400 in monochrome @ 31.5kHz
Low and medium resolution are displayable via a standard TV RF cable, RGB SCART cable (See note 1) or VGA cable (See note 2).
High resolution is not displayable through a standard TV RF cable or RGB SCART cable and therefore requires a monitor or TV with VGA connection.
- Note 1: Not all SCART capable TVs and monitors support the Atari ST RGB SCART signal
- Note 2: Not all VGA capable TVs and monitors can display low and medium 15kHz frequency
CRT Displays - Old style monitors and TVs (usually manufactured before year 2000)
Flat Panel Displays - New style monitors and TVs (usually manufactured after year 2000)
Back to Peripherals for Atari computers