- 1 Programming languages
- 2 Programming tools
- 3 Hardware documentation
- 4 Operating system
- 5 Atari ST hardware related coding tips and tricks
- 6 Atari Falcon specific coding
- 7 Atari FireBee specific coding
- 8 Machine independent code
- 9 Using GNU toolchain
- 10 External links
This section lists all programming languages available to the Atari ST computer family. Available dialects and versions can be found on the main page of each language. Major products are listed as sub-items. This list does not claim to be exhaustive or entirely correct, and will therefore undergo some changes in the future.
- Assembly language
This is a list of tools that are related to programming.
- Text editors
Rob Cowell has a page describing how to code on a PC or Mac using the VASM and VLINK programs. Full details on his webpage: [].
- Blitter manual, Manuel d'utilisation du BLITTER, Blitter execution times
- The Atari ST(E) BLiTTER in brief A comprehensive overview by The Paranoid of Paradox (released 2012)
- WD1770/1772 5 1/4 " Floppy Disk Controller/Formatter
- Programming information for the Western Digital 1770-00 and 1772-00 floppy disk drive controllers
- Engineering Hardware Specification of the Atari ST Computer System (7 January 1986)
- Introduction to the STE
- Atari ST/STe/MSTe/TT/F030 Hardware Register Listing
- Atari F030 and CT60 Hardware Register Listing V1.0
- Bomb error codes
- GEM error codes
- Line A
- TOS Desktop Survival Kit
- WHAT IS GDOS?
- DESKTOP.INF DOCUMENTATION
- Font Files, Formats and others fonts related information
Unless noted the following snippets and pieces of code do work on all Atari ST compatible machines including Falcon and TT.
- Lowering the priority of the IKBD interrupt by Atari Corp. (c) 1989
- Fullscreen programming on the Atari ST by Flix of Delta Force
- Exact timings for fullscreen and sync scroll programming in all known wakestates by Troed of SYNC et. al.
Atari Falcon specific coding
- Changing video mode using the Falcon XBIOS
- Drawing fast lines in 320x??? pixels truecolor on Falcon: Earx fast line algorithm
Atari FireBee specific coding
- Firebee Firmware: BaS_gcc Coding
Machine independent code
- Writing low level stuff on all ATARI (STf,STe,MegaSTE,TT,Falcon,CT60) by Leonard / Oxygene
- Fast Degas PC1 decompressor code for ST-LOW by GT Turbo / Cerebral Vortex
Using GNU toolchain
- Wikipendium (Atari 16/32 bits Systems and Programming)
- Jagopedia (Jaguar Systems and Programming)
- The introduction to TOS (Very complete, mostly in German)
- Atari Documentation Archive
- Atari Compendium (Browsable) and Atari Compendium (Complete CD)
- Bus Error Atari 16/32 Bit Development Info Page