https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Work on the Minimig core?

Post by DanyPPC »

[double post]
Last edited by DanyPPC on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

christianlucio wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:08 pm
Disposable works well here, scrolling is perfect in YPbPr mode on my TV/Monitor.

Probably a sync problem with your screen
Of course this could be but I use the direct VGA-output and had this problem with no previous core.
Could it be that any chages of the last core could cause this ?
Previous core I think was not perfectly sincronized at 50 real hertz, in fact I had noticed a drop frame, but the recent improvements by Robinsonb5 made the output perfectly synchronized, at least with YPbPr output. This TV input accepts only 50 and 60hz signals.
VGA is more flexible but it doesn't catch 50hz well. My Monitor/TV shows with the precedent Core a vertical sync of 56Hz.

For your sure you should use a RGB Scart output on a PAL Monitor or Display that accepts a Scart RGB connection.
So You can verify that Disposable Hero is well synchronized.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Post by slingshot »

christianlucio wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:08 pm Of course this could be but I use the direct VGA-output and had this problem with no previous core.
Could it be that any chages of the last core could cause this ?
Try to switch between PAL/NTSC and fix the working one in mist.ini:

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-boar ... clock_freq

@DannyPPC: no crash for me
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

So the Intro of Super Street Figher 2 (ECS/AGA) with the animation of Ryu is a Mister for me. :D

It hangs in all my MiST/MiSTICA system.

I think to have the 1.3 MiST (Black and White) without MIDI ports.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

I tried another test, launch the intro from the dir game without the use of WHDLoad, so I done the following:

- reboot without Startup-Sequence
- enter in the "Data" dir of SuperStreetFighter2AGA
- Vectorbase = zero

> SETPATCH QUIET
> TUDE >NIL: VBASE = ZERO
> INTRO.EXE

In this mode the Intro works properly, but If i use WHDLoad with SuperStreetFighter2AGA SLAVE the Intro hangs.
WHDLoad is the last 18.6 version (but before I used thr 18.5).

So is it a MiST or WHDLoad bug ?
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

I think I have to buy a new MiST.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:05 am I think I have to buy a new MiST.
Because of SSF2 on Amiga? Lotharek/ManuFerhi will like it.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

I was thinking of buying another one anyway.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Maybe i found the problem, I will update you.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

I did some tests:

- new 4GB hardfile, one partition, Workbench 3.0 base only, WHDLoad in C: and SuperStreetFighter2AGA 1.1 = Intro OK
- new 4GB hardfile, one partition, Workbench 3.1 base only, WHDLoad in C: and SuperStreetFighter2AGA 1.1 = Intro OK
- new 4GB hardfile, one partition, Workbench 3.1 expanded (from my previous hd image), SuperStreetFighter2AGA 1.1 = Intro hangs

So i Copied original WB 3.1 (first time) and WB 3.0 (second time) in HD image with 3.1 expanded replacing all the system files, but no way, Intro hangs anyway.

4GB image is formatted in FastFileSystem and I used Kick 3.1 (A1200) in all my test.

That's a mistere, but i am confident i will find the problem that only happens on MiST.
On real hardware (A1200/030/060) and on WinUAE no problem, using the same hardfile image with 3.1 expanded.
Even a boot without Startup-Sequence does not change the situation. So, there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks for your attention.
solskogen
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by solskogen »

DanyPPC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:49 am - new 4GB hardfile, one partition, Workbench 3.1 expanded (from my previous hd image), SuperStreetFighter2AGA 1.1 = Intro hangs
Do you happen to use RTG on that setup?
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:49 am - new 4GB hardfile, one partition, Workbench 3.1 expanded (from my previous hd image), SuperStreetFighter2AGA 1.1 = Intro hangs
Maybe FBlit?
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Anyway booting without Startup-Sequence doesn't load any RTG driver or FBlit, is it right ?

I have tested also another 4GB image file (the old one without Picasso96 and RTG driver).
solskogen
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by solskogen »

DanyPPC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:41 am Anyway booting without Startup-Sequence doesn't load any RTG driver or FBlit, is it right ?

I have tested also another 4GB image file (the old one without Picasso96 and RTG driver).
I'm not sure. But check Screenmode, and switch back (if applicable) to PAL and see if that works. I got the same problem as you when using the RTG at least.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

While the RTG driver is installed, I use always a PAL screenmode for Workbennch, but as told I tested even the old 4GB imagefile without RTG and Akiko

I think there is a Bug in WHDLoad slave or somewhere, because I tried also to remake the 4GB imagefile with 2 partitions and installed the game in the first 128MB one. Also tried to reformat the MiST SD-Card and copied the 4GB image as first file. I even used SnoopDOS to verify the files loaded from the WHDLoad slave of the game, nothing relative to the system except for WHDLoad itself, the slave and all the game files in DATA directory.

For the moment I have no other idea of what to test anymore. I think I tried all possible to try.
There is a bug for sure, but I cannot say where It is.

Anyway the Intro of SuperStreetFighter2AGA is not so important, what is important is the fact that other games/software could be affected from this bug.
retrofun
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by retrofun »

DanyPPC wrote:So i Copied original WB 3.1 (first time) and WB 3.0 (second time) in HD image with 3.1 expanded replacing all the system files, but no way, Intro hangs anyway.
DanyPPC wrote:Even a boot without Startup-Sequence does not change the situation. So, there is a bug somewhere.
Did you install (an updated, buggy*, ...) FFS in the RDB of the hardfile? Maybe that's the problem?

* = MiST "incompatible"
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Hello Retrofun, thanks for your answer and help.

I just tested the new HD image file without touching the FFS file system, but I also tried to update it to the 44.5 patched and improved version.

I will do other tests regarding it.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Excuse me, post deleted.
NegSol
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by NegSol »

About the RTG support - First of I am really greateful that MiST core reached this milestone - Thank you all involved!
I did some testing and got it to work with my WB 3.1 setup. However, I wonder if anybody got RTG working on a Hyperion 3.1.4 based install? Is this a known limitation? It only give me black or grey screens without picture. I was using a clean install. Maybe someone got some pointers. Also the same 3.1.4 hdf works with RTG resolutions on MiSTer. :shrug:
vebxenon
Atari God
Atari God

Post by vebxenon »

I don't use RTG modes, but a friend of mine uses Amiga OS 3.1.4 with RTG on MiST.
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board
NegSol
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by NegSol »

I know that it should work - But I cannot find the mistake - I tried to install it 4 times now ... Maybe it is the Monitor (Eizo Flexscan) - But it works perfect with 3.1 so I do not know.
robinsonb5

Post by robinsonb5 »

NegSol wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:04 pm About the RTG support - First of I am really greateful that MiST core reached this milestone - Thank you all involved!
I did some testing and got it to work with my WB 3.1 setup. However, I wonder if anybody got RTG working on a Hyperion 3.1.4 based install? Is this a known limitation? It only give me black or grey screens without picture. I was using a clean install. Maybe someone got some pointers. Also the same 3.1.4 hdf works with RTG resolutions on MiSTer. :shrug:
It works on 3.1.4 for me. You're not trying to use the MiSTer's RTG driver on MiST are you? They're similar but not identical, and not compatible between the two.

Which version of P96 are you using? I haven't tested with the latest version yet.
NegSol
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by NegSol »

robinsonb5 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:16 pm It works on 3.1.4 for me. You're not trying to use the MiSTer's RTG driver on MiST are you? They're similar but not identical, and not compatible between the two.

Which version of P96 are you using? I haven't tested with the latest version yet.
I certainly did - I used the tutorial posted here https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1425

So I used:
The LHA-archived drivers were downloaded from here :-
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Minimig ... STer/extra

Diskmaster2 came from here :-
http://kazong.privat.t-online.de/archive.html

Picasso96 came from here :-
http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/Picasso96

---

Strangely it worked for my 3.1 install. But glad you say that I need to use a different driver to get it work. Do you have any recommendation? Where do I get hold of the right MiST/Minimig drivers? I also used another Picasso IV install disk (Version 1.40) with same result (not working on Mist).

---
robinsonb5

Post by robinsonb5 »

NegSol wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:45 pm Maybe here?
https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-bina ... gUtils.adf
Yes, that's the one - there's a ReadMe file on the disk which explains the process :)

Return to “MiST”