Definitive list of STe patched/enhanced games

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

stormy
Atari God
Atari God

Definitive list of STe patched/enhanced games

Post by stormy »

Hi, I don't know if we have a list like this, I think it would be useful? It is easy to forget all the amazing STe enhanced game updates that have appeared in the last few years...

Maybe if people posted links in this thread I can edit this first post and it could be stickied?

(FYI this is more for the 'community created' patched/enhancements, for great list of normal STe enhanced games check out Atari-Crypt site here)

to clarify: a list of games which have been STE enhanced by the community, not games that were originally made for STe in the time that the computer was active/current.

I'll start with:

Daimakaimura (Ghouls 'n Ghosts) for the Atari STE
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge - STE enhanced
Droid: STE Edition
R-Type Deluxe
Metal Slug (Mission 1) port for Atari STE
Wolfenstein 3D
Klax - STE DMA sound patch
Pole Position arcade conversion
Great Giana Sisters
Escape 2042 - The Truth Defenders
Prince of Persia
Xenon 2 Megablast
Cannon Fodder
Dungeon Master
Oids
Last edited by stormy on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 15 times in total.
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Definitive list of STe patched/enhanced games

Post by mikro »

Great idea but I'm a little confused by your criteria. Wolf3D is an ST game patched by Ppera and it meets them but others Ppera fixes (like the ones linked on Atari-Crypt) do not? Also, is Giana Sisters or Pac-mania by Zamuel_a not a 'community created' game? (again, in your linked Atari-Crypt articles).

If you meant created from scratch, then there's a very thin line for Droid or Lotus...
junosix
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by junosix »

There's also Klax STE and Pole Position

Re: Droid Special Edition, that was a remake from scratch using only the data from the original, none of the original code is used
stormy
Atari God
Atari God

Post by stormy »

mikro wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:41 pm Great idea but I'm a little confused by your criteria. Wolf3D is an ST game patched by Ppera and it meets them but others Ppera fixes (like the ones linked on Atari-Crypt) do not? Also, is Giana Sisters or Pac-mania by Zamuel_a not a 'community created' game? (again, in your linked Atari-Crypt articles).

If you meant created from scratch, then there's a very thin line for Droid or Lotus...
Okay to clarify: a list of games which have been STE enhanced by the community, not games that were originally made for STe in the time that the computer was active/current.

Sorry I thought Wolf3D was an STe thing... I'll take it off the list.
Edit: I just checked the link and it is STe, so not sure what you mean... I'll leave it on the list.
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

Return to “Games - General”