I was always jealous of my Friend who had Robocop 2 on the Amiga, as I had the ST version, but...

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

Hazzardus
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

I was always jealous of my Friend who had Robocop 2 on the Amiga, as I had the ST version, but...

Post by Hazzardus »

Even though the ST version wasn't exactly graphically amazing, going back to both of them, the ST version was a far better game playability wise.

I remember seeing the Demo on Amiga Format (or another mag?) at my friends and it looked soo good compared to the ST version. I personally think the ST version looks great now too, and had far better gameplay after playing them both recently. I may be biased though.

Speaking of Robocop, I'm still in the process of replacing all the graphics in the original ST port with those from the arcade, but scaled down and hand fixed. I'm only about 30% done so far, but the results look as good as it could without any programming knowledge. Ultimate Ripper has been a godsend for this, used to own one back in the day, but gave away my ST in the early 2000's with that and the Mastersound 2 cart. My workflow is essentially Photoshop > Deluxe Paint 5 > ST Deluxe Paint 2 > ST Canvas...
Own: Wood grain 2600, Atari 800, 520STFM (1MB), 1040STE (4MB), TT, Falcon 030, Atari Lynx (Both the first one with the crap paint and the v2), Jaguar and too many x680x0 Macs to list, oh and also an Amiga 1200 (Boo!)
My first Mac was Spectre GCR on a 1040STFM with an SM124 and 30MB third party HDD :D
NGF
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: I was always jealous of my Friend who had Robocop 2 on the Amiga, as I had the ST version, but...

Post by NGF »

Any work in progress screenshots of your graphics replacement project?
"4160" STE with Ultrasatan | Falcon 030 14MB with CF-reader | TT030 | STacy | 520STFM x 2 | 520ST x 2
lostdragon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: I was always jealous of my Friend who had Robocop 2 on the Amiga, as I had the ST version, but...

Post by lostdragon »

For myself, turning Robocop into a platform game, where you had the character leaping about as if he were as light as a feather, was enough to put me off both the ST and Amiga versions.

Hated Data East Robocop II also.

I'd be very interested in seeing the W. I. P screens of your project, always dissapointed how the ST version of Robocop was based on the sprites from the ZX Spectrum version.
AtariCrypt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by AtariCrypt »

Amiga people never seem happy with their computer choice and are always looking over their shoulders to see what others have. Then they head over to forums, websites, and channels to spam ST people with their hatred spamming lol. Why can't they just be happy and get on with whatever they're doing? Because they chose the wrong machine of course!! :D

Anyyyyhow, I'd also love to see some WIP graphics for Robocop. Sounds promising!
AtariCrypt - Atari ST gaming website
https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com
BARRY
Atariator
Atariator

Post by BARRY »

Hazzardus wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:48 pm Even though the ST version wasn't exactly graphically amazing, going back to both of them, the ST version was a far better game playability wise.

I remember seeing the Demo on Amiga Format (or another mag?) at my friends and it looked soo good compared to the ST version. I personally think the ST version looks great now too, and had far better gameplay after playing them both recently. I may be biased though.

Speaking of Robocop, I'm still in the process of replacing all the graphics in the original ST port with those from the arcade, but scaled down and hand fixed. I'm only about 30% done so far, but the results look as good as it could without any programming knowledge. Ultimate Ripper has been a godsend for this, used to own one back in the day, but gave away my ST in the early 2000's with that and the Mastersound 2 cart. My workflow is essentially Photoshop > Deluxe Paint 5 > ST Deluxe Paint 2 > ST Canvas...
This sounds class - some in ng I'd often thought of giving a shot at with crack art (having no real coding ability myself)
vbgd
Atariator
Atariator

Post by vbgd »

Any Screens?

Return to “Games - General”