CT60 freezing with Id Games

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., lp, Moderator Team

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: CT60 freezing with Id Games

Post by stormy »

Mmm FYI I have _only_ ever used CF cards with my Falcon (many different types, but good brands like Transcend SanDisk and Kingston) and none have ever failed me... Not saying joska isn't right, just another perspective. The type of CF adaptor makes a difference here too, there are bad ones out there.

Yes I mean the doom port.
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Rustynutt »

wongck wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:06 am
DarkLord wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:21 pm Just gotta say, I can't run my CT60 without NVDI.

If I do, I get corrupted graphics all over the place.

Really nasty.

Run NVDI - perfect.
This is weird.... I do run my CT63 plain TOS without NVDI and I get perfect medium rez (with huge icons and text on my LCD).
Normally this is when I need to do some maintenance on my boot selector, otherwise I am using MiNT on every other time.
No corruption on graphics what so ever in plain TOS.

OK, mine are CT63 may be having some newer hardware on it. So I should not add to the confusion.
After this discussion, looked back at some early pages a few days ago. (Memory is so bad now, forget which it was). Either on Patrice's page or another, buried in the text is that in CT (CTPCI?) TOS the Blitter is "now" disabled.
Since I'm old and just always jump on the "must use NVDI" bandwagon, the disparity between users makes sense, especially if we're not all running the same flash.
Could of been one of Rodolphe's updates, recall too reading he states that an onboard ROM in the Falcon is no longer required for the files he was discussing (assume he, rightfully so) abandoned the Idea one MUST own a copy to use it in the fashion it is on the CT.

Of course, leads me to more questions.
If he could get the CT to boot without a ROM based TOS, why can't MultiTos, or images captured from RAM be modified to do the same?
Please explain as if to child :)

Would also explain why running GEMBENCH on a CT Falcon without NVDI why the Blitter field shows not present.
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Rustynutt »

Where did I miss we were working with an accelerated bus?

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”