Happy new Year on Atari machines and end of dev

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., lp, [ProToS], Moderator Team

Rodolphe
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Happy new Year on Atari machines and end of dev

Post by Rodolphe »

Hi,
Just here after a long time to wish you a happy new year 2022 ( sure it's possible !) with your machines.

I have to tell that I have no more available time for atari machines and it is now sure I will no more design anything. Design, knowledges and enthousiasm are more far each time . I'm 54 years and want to spend more time in the real world (my house, my wife, my dogs) and less time behind a screen !
3 years ago I tried to launch the Falcon 060 motherboard project here on a private forum with all the best atari people (hard, soft, design) but I rapidely saw it will not be possible to get time for that ! The forum Falcon060 is now a desert. So sorry to not finish this project... :oops:

I have yet here some few falcon computers to repair . I will try and send back. I stop all repair for this time. Maybe later...

Some good people are taking a nice relay on the CTxx products and I'm happy for this and I hope this will continu for several decades , even after me :) .

My bigger wish is to see coming a new atari motherboard with 060 + SV + Falcon hardware = Falcon 060. If people expert on FPGA, SV and CT60 could work together and success it would be fantastic for all the atari fans !

Since 1982 with Atari machines , it was for me a wonderfull crazy life experience I will never forget.

Best Regards
Atari Hardware Developer : CT1, CT2, CTR14, CT60, CTPCI
marss
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Happy new Year on Atari machines and end of dev

Post by marss »

Happy new year 2022 and thanks for all your superb hardwares ;)
Maybe you could release the VHDL code for CT060?
Bengy
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Bengy »

Though our Atari's will miss you, you're making the right decision. You've made incredible contributions throughout the years. Happy New Year! :cheers:
CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Post by CiH »

Nice to hear from you Rodolphe.

Not surprised to hear you are winding down on Atari stuff. I thought you had gone already. No hard feelings as you've already done loads for the Atari scene for which I am very grateful.

I was surprised to hear about the Falcon 060. My dearest wish is for a Falcon FPGA, that would be one piece of hardware that would come under "Shut up and take my money!"

I hope it does happen, someday.
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

Thanks for all the nice hardware and great support you have given to the community.
I am still using your invention today after all the years.
Good luck in your future venture.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff that are no longer for sale due to them over 30 years old - click here for list
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by DarkLord »

Thank you for all you did. The release of your products were an anchor
for me, as far as the Falcon goes. What a difference they made! :)

Good luck to you and may happiness follow you wherever you go.
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

Rodolphe wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:50 am Hi,
Just here after a long time to wish you a happy new year 2022 ( sure it's possible !) with your machines.

I have to tell that I have no more available time for atari machines and it is now sure I will no more design anything. Design, knowledges and enthousiasm are more far each time . I'm 54 years and want to spend more time in the real world (my house, my wife, my dogs) and less time behind a screen !
3 years ago I tried to launch the Falcon 060 motherboard project here on a private forum with all the best atari people (hard, soft, design) but I rapidely saw it will not be possible to get time for that ! The forum Falcon060 is now a desert. So sorry to not finish this project... :oops:

I have yet here some few falcon computers to repair . I will try and send back. I stop all repair for this time. Maybe later...

Some good people are taking a nice relay on the CTxx products and I'm happy for this and I hope this will continu for several decades , even after me :) .

My bigger wish is to see coming a new atari motherboard with 060 + SV + Falcon hardware = Falcon 060. If people expert on FPGA, SV and CT60 could work together and success it would be fantastic for all the atari fans !

Since 1982 with Atari machines , it was for me a wonderfull crazy life experience I will never forget.

Best Regards
Happy new year to you Rodolphe

Hope you the best.

Olivier
OL
ragnar76
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by ragnar76 »

Hi Rodolphe,

I'm sorry to hear that but I wish you all the best

ragnar
• FireBee • Falcon030/040/060 • MiSTer • TT • (Mega)STe • Suska III-B • Suska III-C • (Mega)ST •
Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Atari74user »

Doing what is right for you is paramount, but equally, thank you for leaving an indelible mark on the Atari scene, the Falcon in particular!

Happy New Year!
https://sites.google.com/view/ataritosser/home
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI, FA8, GigaFile & CT60e
Atari Jaguar, GD, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, Exxos Booster, TOS switcher, OverScan, UltraSatan, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions HD, SyQuests, ICD Link 2, ADAP, ADAP II, ADAS-ST, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMPII, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & ExPort
Rustynutt
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Rustynutt »

Best Wishes Rodolphe, and thanks for the ride :cheers:
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

Thank you for best Falcon add-on ever! :)

And thank you for repairing my Falcon board! :)

If you ever need anything, just ask! You make us owe you.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
MegaSTEarian
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MegaSTEarian »

Best Regards
Thank you for the best Atari Falcon add-on ever created.
Thank you for all the wonderful work you did over the course of years.
Enjoy your life and your Falcon but as a user this time.
1st1
Atari God
Atari God

Post by 1st1 »

54 isn't very old, many of us here are in that range, me too, but one does what one loves, so if that is no more ATARI, so no more ATARI. Unfortunately you did not got in touch with BigGun to cooperate to make the Superfalcon out of their core and your knowledge in Falcon hardware, that would have been the next big big thing. So best wishes and thank you for your efforts, ct6x is very nice, you will stay in the hall of fame of my ATARI heros, thank you for the <°)>>>< and greetings to wife, house and dogs.

Merci beaucoup pour tous et bonne chance!
Power without the Price. It's not a bug. It's a feature. _/|\_ATARI

1040STFM in PC-Tower (PAK68/2, OvrScn, 4 MB, 1GB SCSI, CD-ROM...) * 3x Falcon 030 * 3x TT030 * many 260 /520/1040ST(F)(M)(+) * 520/1040STE * many Mega ST * 2x Mega STE * Stacy * STBook * 2x SLM605 * 3x SLM804 * SMM804 * SH 204/205 * Megafile 30/44/60 * SF314 * SF354 * 5x Pofo * PC3 * ...
NEMOx
Atarian
Atarian

Post by NEMOx »

you will return, I hope :-)...
thank you very much for your contribution to the atari scene.
a little late-- happy new year
By
viking272
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by viking272 »

Best Regards
Thank you Rodolphe for all your hard work and creations over the last 3 decades!
Hopefully in the future you can come back or act as a consultant on various projects :)

Can I ask if your website and domain will be kept? I can clone or manage it if you want?

Also would you be kind to publish any sources to GitHub please? This could include logic files for CT60 and CTPCI? I'm happy to do this in your name and on your behalf with your guidance and say Mikro? Just message me with any sources.
We need more openess so I hope you can agree :)

Thank you once again.
Kroll
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Kroll »

Thank you Rodolphe for all your hard work. I am, a big enthusiast of your CT6x and CTPCI projects.
kni
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by kni »

Thanks for all the nice hardware and your great support and repairing my Falcon board!

user from CT2b, CT60 and CTPCI :)
STe /Veloce+ 24MHz, T34 - 34MHz\, Falcon /CT2b, CT60, CT60e\, FireBee, ST Book, STacy, TT030, Mega STe, Jaguar CD, Lynx I&II
tksm
Atari User
Atari User

Post by tksm »

Rodolphe Thanks for CT60 and CTPCI. You are a Legend :-).
Greetings.
PeterS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by PeterS »

I didn't have a Falcon but I don't think the Atari scene would be where it is today without your work.

Many thanks.
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

Guys, is there anything you would like to see released from Rodolphe? (apart from the CT60 stuff, that is)

I'm preparing a new batch of CT2 stuff to be published, one should be able to rebuild the whole CT2 card actually (at least that's the goal). Is there anything else you'd like to see?
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

u-ATX board with integrated CT60 + CTPCI + PCIe (for video cards) + 5 USB + EThernet + MIDI (ST memory) that can be used as stand alone computer :)
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

Calimero, I'm asking about what should be published from his *current* private archive, if anything. CTPCI may be a good idea.
ragnar76
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by ragnar76 »

I don't want to be greedy but i think, the atari community could benefit from all his work (Hardware, Software, VHDL Sources from CT60 and CTPCI and so on). Maybe as OpenSource
• FireBee • Falcon030/040/060 • MiSTer • TT • (Mega)STe • Suska III-B • Suska III-C • (Mega)ST •
TheNameOfTheGame
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

Somehow I missed this announcement. Thank you Rodolphe for all the development and contributions to the Atari community over the years and best of luck as you move forward with your new priorities.
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

mikro wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:22 pm Calimero, I'm asking about what should be published from his *current* private archive, if anything. CTPCI may be a good idea.
I know :)
But I also know that Rodolphe had a plan and probably started work on u-ATX board with all elements combined... but I am not sure how far he did he go with this project...

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”