My lame attempt on a cracker intro

This is where you post all your requests for demos, intros, pubtros etc...

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

ThomasI
Atariator
Atariator

My lame attempt on a cracker intro

Post by ThomasI »

I just have published Randomazer as a stand alone Windows package including a ready to use HATARI/EmuTOS setup – so it behaves almost like a „real“ windows game. ANARCHO Ride will be next in this treatment.
I also had a rather lame attempt on making my own „universal cracker intro“ - launcher programm… I am simply not good coding this stuff.
It does not look like real demo/cracker intros.
Of course there is nothing to crack here anyway.

But this launcher serves a technical purpous:
  • it is called on startup.
  • it shows credits for the emulation and maybe important game info.
  • it starts the game.
  • it closes the Emulator when the game is closed. (so no change to the game code needed)
There is a small data file to feed all the info to the launcher program – just to keep it flexible and universal.

If any good coder want to give it a shot to make this launcher better looking, you are welcome!
Check it outhere:
https://www.hd-videofilm.com/randomazer ... /download/
Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My lame attempt on a cracker intro

Post by Zorro 2 »

ThomasI wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:42 am If any good coder want to give it a shot to make this launcher better looking, you are welcome!
Hi Thomas,

What is your expectation ? A team will make an intro for you and you add some improvements inside the asm code ? A team will make a specific intro with goodies to release for you to publish after ?

And for when ?

Note: we have a lot of intros not used then... visit here https://github.com/NoExtra-Team/Sources if you search ideas :)
Member of NoExtra Team
neanderthal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by neanderthal »

Came to think of it,you fixed the jagpad reading thing?..Do remember we chatted about it and sent you a some asm on it..Think I made some more progress on how to interface with the basic you tend to use..Have to check up if need be.
ThomasI
Atariator
Atariator

Post by ThomasI »

neanderthal wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:27 pm Came to think of it,you fixed the jagpad reading thing?
There has been an update on Jagpad in GFA 3.7 so I am using this. It works well! But yes... still sequentually read... loop by loop. ;)
Zorro 2 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:15 pm Hi Thomas,

What is your expectation ?
And for when ?
Note: we have a lot of intros not used then...
Hi! Thanks for the link! I will look through it.

As for my expectations: I don´t have specific expectations. It is more a feeling that my own intro is no good enough to bring you in that “retro mood”. I personally have no idea of assembler – that is why these great intros always leave me puzzled, how this is even possible. ;)
All my games are written in GFA Basic.

I designed my own intro, so it can be re-used again and again for my games. So the intro is not really game specific - it is just displaying the necessary game information.
(Maybe even other game creators find this idea of a “standalone” game configuration appealing?)

For when? There is no date. My current intro does the job – just does not look very good. If it is replaced by something better in the future: perfect!

I will have a look through the folder! Thank you again!
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

ThomasI wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:42 am it shows credits for the emulation and maybe important game info.
I checked the Youtube video.

Information about version of Hatari and EmuTOS you're using, should also be visible somewhere, along with the URL to where they're found. Either in document coming with the program, or shown by the program itself... So that user could, if wanted, can get correct (matching) version of the sources for them, as GPL license requires.
Last edited by Eero Tamminen on Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThomasI
Atariator
Atariator

Post by ThomasI »

Eero Tamminen wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:06 pm Information about version of Hatari and EmuTOS you're using, should also be visible somewhere, along with the URL to where they're found.
Great Idea! I will update this next week!

EDIT: Done!

Return to “Demos - Requests”