Medusa Scandoubler announced!

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

nowy80
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Re: Medusa Scandoubler announced!

Post by nowy80 »

I invite you to watch the review of scandoubler Medusa. I also prepared a comparison of the generated image between Medusa and the twice as expensive xRGB Framemeister.
https://youtu.be/Gnr0Q6j7MRo
Atari 800XL - Atari 1010, Atari 1050, Rapidus, Ultimate 1MB, VBXE, Stereo l Atari 130XE - XC12, CA2001, XF551Clone l Atari 7800
Atari MegaSTE - SCSI v5.1 l Atari TT - VME ET4000, Thunder, Storm IDE, Lightning l Atari Falcon I Atari Jaguar
Video blog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UComp3L ... GfWep4FVgw
Avanze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Avanze »

I have it. I just have to get a few adapters first, since everything runs off Scart, to test this baby out.
derkom
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by derkom »

Finally got mine plugged in and hooked up to a LG 27" monitor. I was hoping that Medusa would gracefully handle the Falcon's interlaced RGB modes and deliver something that wouldn't give my monitor fits, but no such luck. It does successfully convert these modes to DVI, but unfortunately still delivers a flickery mess, which gives my monitor instant image retention problems (thankfully temporary).

It seems to work pretty well for the VGA modes and regular ST modes though. I haven't yet tried it with any inputs other than the Falcon.
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

I think this is expected -- the interlace functionality is kind of "built-in", i.e. it is handled by the Videl and not interpreted by TV/RGB monitor in any way.

The Amiga went the TV-compatible way, producing a true 480i60/576i50 RGB signal at broadcast video rates (that is what made it so popular for video editing, btw). So there it is possible to de-interlace the signal but not on Falcon.

Return to “News & Announcements”