Jump to navigation Jump to search
DIY Stuff you can do your Atari hardware !!
- Add a Blitter chip to your STFM - Procedure to add a Blitter chip to your STFM
- DMA Fix - Procedure to potentially fix hard disk problems on the STE machines
- Atari ST to Amstrad CM14 monitor - How to connect an Atari ST/STE to an Amstrad CM14 stereo monitor.
- Atari ST to VGA adaptor - Describes how to wire a cable to connect an ST to a VGA/SVGA monitor.
- Atari ST VGA Cable Procedures - by Techie Alison
- Atari ST SCART Cable - Various ways to make your own ST SCART cable
- Atari ST Composite Out - Add a video composite out socket
- Falcon to VGA Cable - Describes how to connect a Falcon to a VGA monitor
- Falcon Switchable Multisync Cable - How to connect an ST compatible multi-sync monitor to a Falcon (it will not enhance the use of a VGA monitor)
- ST Monitor Switcher - Switch between two connected monitors
- Jaguar SCART/PHONO/SVHS cables - Make your own Jaguar SCART, PHONO and SVHS cables
- ST RGB Video DAC upgrade - Improve the RGB video quality of your ST with this RGB DAC upgrade by exxos.
- STE RGB video ghosting fix by exxos.
Atari Hard disk interface
- DIY IDE adaptors - DIY projects to give an ST access to IDE mass storage
- IDE-SCSI interface on Atari Falcon/TT
- SATA hard disk drive on an Atari Falcon
Atari Power Supplies
- Pico PSU Falcon - Replace the stock Falcon PSU with a Pico PSU
- Pico PSU Atari ST - Replace the stock Atari ST PSU with a Pico PSU
- ST PSU servicing and upgrades - In-depth diagnostics and upgrades to stock ST PSUs by exxos.
- STF/M/E/030/MST PSU replacement - Ultra efficient low noise and ripple PSU by exxos.
Atari Floppy disk interface
- Drive Select Swap Mod - Swap Drive Select A/B signals to boot from internal or external floppy drive (or HxC Emulator)
- Connecting an HxC Floppy Emulator to an ST - How to case you HxC Floppy Emulator and wire a cable for it
- Replace internal 720k DD Floppy Drive with 1.44MB HD Floppy Drive - Atari ST floppy drive replacement
- Floppy Drive Capacitor Fix - Capacitor repair on Sony drives by Gadget
- Sony MPF920 Floppy Drive conversion - Pages by Exxos.
- Exxos's Automatic 720K & 1.44MB floppy upgrade kit.
Atari Input/Output Interfaces
- ST Serial Port Upgrade - Upgrade the ST's serial port from 19,200bps to 38,400bps
- Make a decelerator for your ST - Useful hardware hack for slowing down games and tracking down bugs
- D/A converter - Details to create Digisound output via parallel port
- STF Stereo Modification - A modification to give stereo sound output on the pre-STE range
- Stereo sound via printer port - A modification to give stereo sound output on the pre-STE range
- SDMA Patch - Atari's fix for crackling noise when recording large samples to hard disk on Falcon
- Cubase Mod - Various input and output sound mod improvements for Falcon
- Falcon Clock Patch - In-dept article investigating the Falcon clock patch, SDMA issues and more! By exxos.
- STE Audio FIX - Help reduce noise,wines,crackles and pops in the STE audio by exxos.
- STE TOS Upgrade - Explains how to upgrade to TOS 2.06 and how to use have a dual or quad TOS ROM
- Changing the TOS of an Atari (STF/STE/Mega) - How to upgrade your TOS on an STF, STE or Mega ST
- STE SIMM Memory Upgrade - Walkthrough of SIMM memory upgrade in an STE
- Easy 520STFM 512K to 1MB memory upgrade
- Medium 520STF or 520STFM to 1MB memory upgrade
- Hard 520STFM 512K to 4MB memory upgrade
- STFM keybrd to TT - Hooking up a STFM keyboard to a TT030
- STF Keyboard fix - Service your keyboard to solve common problems with the ports etc - By exxos.
- How To Convert a Sega Genesis Controller to Atari Standard Pinout
- How to make a four player adapter
- How to make a mouse/joystick switcher
- How to make an automatic mouse/joystick switcher
- How to make a lightgun for STE
- Modify autofire on Quickshot 1 or 2
- How to reposition the mouse and joystick ports
- Dallas RTC - Simple procedure to add a Real Time Clock internally to STE rom socket
- NVRAM - Battery mod for original Falcon NVRAM chip (without removing the chip)
- NVRAM by Maeslin - Battery mod for Falcon NVRAM (remove chip and replace with new circuit board with replaceable battery)
- NVRAM by Black Cat Hardware - Battery mod for Falcon NVRAM (remove chip and replace with socket and new circuit/chip board with replaceable battery)
- NVRAM RTC by exxos - Replaces the Falcon 030 DS12887A NVRAM RTC with a new compact module with removable battery.
- Atari ST(E) IKBD clock mod with battery power
- ST RTC - FMCII remake
- Eiffel 3 Interface PS/2 - Allows connection of PS/2 keyboard & mouse and LCD
- Tom Kirk's PS/2 Mouse Adapter - Allows use of PS/2 Mice
- Tom Kirk's Serial Mouse Adapter - Allows use of old PC serial mice
- Rewire PS/2 Mouse for Atari - How to convert a PS/2 mouse to an atari mouse
Disk Duplicating Hardware
- Synchro Express - Make your own!
- Null Modem Cable - Diagrams to connect your ST to another ST/E, Mega STE, Spectrum, Z88, Mac Plus, Apple 2, Amiga, 8-bit Atari, BBC-B or Mega to Mega
External Hardware upgrade mods sites
Back to Main Page